Friday, June 26, 2009

Parting Thoughts

Tomorrow I leave for vacation and will likely not have internet access until I'm at least en route to Belize, if not until I reach my final destination. That's July 5, in case you missed the memo.

Rumor on the interwebs is there will be a field trip to here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actun_Tunichil_Muknal (check out the first of the external links for a better description), which seems likely given that the director of the project has worked on this site. I'm torn, because I've heard of this site before and it's way beyond cool, but I'm also a little freaked out about actually going there. I'm not a huge fan of small spaces, and I'm really not a huge fan of swimming, particularly in deep water. I also need to rethink my packing of shoes. I'm tempted to hope that the rumor is false and/or the excursion will be optional... but if the latter is the case I know I'll wind up going anyway, because I'll hate myself if I don't.

I'm super excited about taking a side trip to Tikal, though. I can't think of anything that would deter me from that.

So far, everything looks good. I've forgotten a couple of things I can pick up next week before I go. I've packed a very full suitcase that I'll probably remove some things from next week before I go. My paperwork is all filled out and in order. I think I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment