Thursday, July 23, 2009

Quick Update about Random Stuff

I was going to be caught up on the last few days by tonight, but I got distracted by trying to plan for the upcoming long weekend. Hope and I have successfully waited until the last minute to try to organize an excessively complicated adventure. We want to visit the ruins of Lamanai, AND go canoeing and horseback riding, AND spend enough time on Ambergris Caye to visit more ruins and do nature-y stuff in the national park there. Not to mention hang out at the beach. All in less than four days. And we have to have some idea what we're doing and how we're going to do it by dinnertime tomorrow, even though we can't contact anyone until after 4-4:30 p.m. tomorrow. Woohoo!

I have an extraordinarily painful blister on the bottom of my right pinky toe. It is causing me to limp, which I find extremely irksome, as not even the twisted ankle hurt enough for that. The ankle, by the way, for those who have asked, was totally fine by Sunday of that weekend. Initially I was pretty sure I'd sprained it, but after I walked around on it all day Saturday without it swelling up too much, that seemed unlikely. Now it only hurts a little when I turn my foot a certain way (specifically, the way it turned when I fell).

My computer MAY have fallen on the tile floor of the common room the other day. Now the CD player makes interesting growling noises at me every time the computer wakes up. I am without CDs and therefore unable to determine whether it still functions. The battery, meanwhile seems to function even less than before, which is not related to the fall. Now in addition to running down super fast, it doesn't always feel like charging while it's plugged in.

I went to Actun Tunichil Muknal today (see one of my earliest posts). There will be a post to come devoted to that, I hope.

There is exciting stuff going down at Baking Pot this week. Let's just say that Christopher and I probably couldn't be more thrilled, and maybe you can piece together what that means. I almost wish we had work on Friday.

Sam's latest encounter with American cuisine: Peanut butter and jelly. Apparently, it's the most disgusting thing on earth. I can't remember when I've seen such a hilarious reaction to food.

I had the opportunity to eat termites today, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment